The London Eye has now become one of the iconic sights of London. Opened in March 2000 the wheel is a metaphor for the turning of the century. The Cavendish London is a 4 star hotel near London Eye that is perfect for visiting the famous attraction.
Gift shop and cafés
- The London Eye is 135m/443ft high and weighs 2100 tonnes.
- There are 32 capsules attached to the wheel which travels gently at a speed of 26cm per second.
- Each rotation takes 30 minutes in which time you can marvel at the views that span up to 40km in all directions (depending on the weather).
- This is the UK's most popular paid for visitor attraction, visited by over 3.5 million people a year.
- The London Eye is within walking distance from several underground stations including Waterloo, Embankment, Charing Cross and Westminster. Waterloo is the closest tube station.
The London Eye gift shop is located next to the London Eye wheel, opposite the ticket office entrance. The gift shop offers a range of high quality London Eye gifts and souvenirs to help make your flight on the London Eye special. Gifts and souvenirs include photography, guidebooks and in-flight mini guides. Zen Cafe offers a range of tea, coffee, drinks, sandwiches, cakes and snacks. There are two cafes: one inside County Hall and one opposite the gift shop, with great views of the London Eye.