OUR COMMITMENT TO THE ENVIRONMENT
The Cavendish London is conscious that the action of each and every one of us has an impact on the environment. This is the belief that everyone at the Cavendish London works with, to ensure we're doing our bit to build a sustainable future.
The Cavendish London environmental commitment:
- We will identify and implement eco-friendly policies through the formation of The Cavendish London Green Team.
- We will work with our supplier partners to reduce their packaging and transport to our hotels.
- We will purchase fair trade tea and coffee and ethically sourced produce.
- We will monitor utility consumption levels on a monthly basis and aim to reduce consumption at every opportunity.
- We will endeavour to purchase recycled goods whenever appropriate.
- We will endeavour to use eco-friendly chemicals throughout the hotel.
RESPONSIBLE VISITOR CHARTER
At The Cavendish London we understand that by making positive choices we can all reduce our effect on the environment. As a guest, we welcome your support in assisting The Cavendish and London become a more sustainable destination.
Please see below a number of tips on how you can play a big part in promoting good environmental practices:
- Conserve Energy - reduce energy by switching off lights and closing windows if heating or air conditioning is on. The Energy Saving Trust provides information on what you can do at home. www.est.org.uk
- Eat Local, Buy Local and See Local - support local producers and services, experience the true flavour of what England has to offer. Additional information can be sourced from our Concierge team.
- Give Cars and Cabs a Rest - avoid cars, if only for the day. Many of London's attractions are within a short walk of the hotel, ask our Concierge for directions. www.traveline.org.uk
- Be Water Wise - Please use water wisely. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and adhere to towel policies or other water saving initiatives. www.waterwise.org.uk
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - Assist us by avoiding over packaged goods or say no to that extra carrier bag. For more information on what is currently recycled within the Hotel please click here. Alternatively please ask one of our team members. www.recyclenow.com
- Support Green businesses - There are hundreds of businesses in London trying to reduce their carbon footprints through the Green Tourism for London Business Scheme. Businesses are awarded Bronze, Silver and Gold for their efforts to be more sustainable. www.green-business.co.uk
If you feel there is anything else we could be doing to reduce our environmental impact please contact us at [email protected]