At The Cavendish London the people are at the heart of our success. We offer challenging and motivating careers with many possibilities for growth. The opportunities are varied and include positions in the Kitchen, Food & Beverage, Front Office, Reservations as well as Head of Department roles. We are always happy to hear from people interested in joining The Cavendish London team. Please be aware of fraudulent websites offering jobs. All successful candidates will be asked to attend an interview at the hotel; we do not, under any circumstances, make any offer of employment without an interview.
Breakfast Chef (40 Hours per week)
We are seeking a Breakfast Chef to co-ordinate and supervise the smooth running of the kitchen, to ensure all breakfast food service areas achieve a consistently high standard of food presentation suitable to that of an ambitious 4 star Hotel with an 2 AA Rosette.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
· Providing an a la carte and buffet style British and Continental breakfast
· Ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of working areas.
· Being responsible for the preparation of all food for breakfast, ensuring that a consistently high standard of food presentation is achieved; and
· Preparing food to an exceptional standard to surprise and delight customers by adhering to the standards set by the AA.
Due to the nature of this role, shifts will start at approximately 5am; the role is 40 hours a week based on 8 hour days with a half an hour unpaid break
Chef de Partie (Full-time - 40 hours per week)
We are currently looking for a Chef de Partie for our 2AA Rosette Restaurant. You will be responsible for the preparation of food for all food service areas, ensuring that a consistently high standard of food presentation is achieved, suitable to that of an ambitious 4 star Hotel with a 3 Star award from the Sustainable Restaurant Association.
You would be expected to prepare food to an exceptional standard to surprise and delight customers adhering to the standards set by the AA; be conscious of the environment and consider organic, free range and local sustainable products wherever possible; ensure careful control of food stocks to preserve quality and minimise wastage. You would also be responsible for supporting the senior chefs on duty by helping to oversee the work of the Demi-Chefs and Kitchen Porters and taking ownership and full responsibility of whichever section has been assigned to you.
This is an integral role within the Kitchen. It is essential that candidates have previous experience within a kitchen environment, preferably at a similar level and a genuine interest in food and cooking.
Bartender (40 hours per week)
We are looking for a Bartender to provide exceptional service to our guests in our Rosa Lewis Bar. Duties include taking orders, serving our guests and preparing drinks (including cocktails) and delighting our guests and patrons with a memorable experience. An excellent level of English is required along with previous experience in a similar role and knowledge and experience of preparing drinks and cocktails.
Full flexibility in working hours is a requirement of this role.
Food & Beverage Assistants (40 hours per week)
Friendly and customer focused individuals are required to offer the highest level of service to our guests. Primarily based within our 2AA Rosette restaurant, this role is a varied one and may also involve working within our lounge, room service & conference departments. Duties vary from setting up the dining area, conference rooms and lounge to serving our guests, preparing drinks and delivering trays to the rooms. We are seeking individuals with a passion for delivering service excellence and those who are able to live our hotel value of "We do the right thing for our customers to show them we care".
The ability to demonstrate previous customer service skills, ideally within a restaurant or hotel environment, and a good command of English are essential.
Should you be interested in applying for any of the above vacancies, please submit your most up to date CV along with a cover email/letter to email@example.com for your application to be considered.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Your questions answered
- We aim to respond to you within 5 working days. If after one week you have not received a response, please contact us to find out the progress of your application.
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an interview at the hotel.
- Every candidate shall have a minimum of two interviews, one with a manager in that department and a member of the Human Resources Team. Depending on the nature of the role you may be required to attend a trial or a further interview.
- The recruitment process may take 2 weeks or longer. This period of time will be dependant on various factors including the position applied for and the number of applications we receive. We will however endeavour to keep you informed at each stage.
- The Cavendish London values diversity and promotes equality. We are keen to provide any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements if needed.