At The Cavendish London the people are at the heart of our success. We offer challenging and motivating careers with many possibilities for growth. The opportunities are varied and include positions in the Kitchen, Food & Beverage, Front Office, Reservations as well as Head of Department roles. We are always happy to hear from people interested in joining The Cavendish London team. Please be aware of fraudulent websites offering jobs. All successful candidates will be asked to attend an interview at the hotel; we do not, under any circumstances, make any offer of employment without an interview.
Duty Manager (40 hours per week)
We are looking for a Duty Manager to be responsible for overseeing the operational running of the hotel on a day to day basis. The overall purpose of this role is to be an ambassador for the whole hotel and be responsible for the security and wellbeing of our guests at all times.
The desirable candidate will act as a role model when dealing with guest situations and actively resolve any problems or complaints promptly. A key responsibility will be to support the FO Manager and lead, motivate and engage with the Front Office Team ensuring a consistent level of service is delivered to all our guests. Effective communication, diplomacy and a desire to deliver service excellence are competencies required and you will be expected to build and maintain positive relationships across all departments. As Duty Manager you are the first response in a crisis situation and will lead and co-ordinate all emergency procedures as well as being the point of contact in the absence of senior management.
There will be occasions when you will be asked to sleep in the hotel if additional support is required as well as working nights to cover holidays.
Food & Beverage Assistants (40 hours per week)
Friendly and customer focused individuals are required to offer the highest level of service to our guests. Primarily based within our 2AA Rosette restaurant, this role is a varied one and may also involve working within our lounge, room service & conference departments. Duties vary from setting up the dining area, conference rooms and lounge to serving our guests, preparing drinks and delivering trays to the rooms. We are seeking individuals with a passion for delivering service excellence and those who are able to live our hotel value of "We do the right thing for our customers to show them we care".
The ability to demonstrate previous customer service skills, ideally within a restaurant or hotel environment, and a good command of English are essential.
Demi Chef de Partie (40 hours per week)
We are currently looking for a Demi Chef de Partie for our 2AA Rosette Restaurant, Petrichor. You will be responsible for the preparation of food for all food service areas and ensuring that a consistently high standard of food presentation is achieved, suitable to that of an ambitious 4 star Hotel with a 3 Star award from the Sustainable Restaurant Association. You will also be required to ensure that your section is managed to a high standard and support the senior chefs on duty in order to ensure that service runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible. You will also assist in overseeing the work of the Commis Chefs on shift. You will also be expected to:
- prepare food to an exceptional standard to surprise and delight customers by adhering to the standards and guidelines set by the AA Rosette;
- be conscious of the environment and consider organic, free range and local sustainable products wherever possible;
- ensure careful control of food stocks to preserve quality and minimise wastage.
Previous experience within an AA Rosette environment or similar hotel environment would be advantageous. This is a full time position, 40 hours per week; please note shift work and weekends are part of the role. A genuine passion for food and cooking is essential.
Bartender (40 hours per week)
We are looking for a Bartender to provide exceptional service to our guests in our Rosa Lewis Bar. Duties include taking orders, serving our guests and preparing drinks (including cocktails). An excellent level of English is required along with previous experience in a similar role and knowledge and experience of preparing drinks and cocktails.
Should you be interested in applying for any of the above vacancies, please submit your most up to date CV along with a cover email/letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for your application to be considered.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Your questions answered
- We aim to respond to you within 5 working days. If after one week you have not received a response, please contact us to find out the progress of your application.
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an interview at the hotel.
- Every candidate shall have a minimum of two interviews, one with a manager in that department and a member of the Human Resources Team. Depending on the nature of the role you may be required to attend a trial or a further interview.
- The recruitment process may take 2 weeks or longer. This period of time will be dependant on various factors including the position applied for and the number of applications we receive. We will however endeavour to keep you informed at each stage.
- The Cavendish London values diversity and promotes equality. We are keen to provide any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements if needed.